Nordic ERSA Mission Statement
The main objective of the Nordic Section of ERSA is to promote regional science in the Nordic countries through enhancing collaboration and networking activities among its members. This includes organizing meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences. Nordic ERSA is a legal entity according to Swedish law.
Members of the Nordic Section of ERSA are academics, policy professionals, and researchers interested in regional science, spatial economics, urban economics, human and economic geography, spatial planning, sociology and general regional as well as local development and policies.
Mission and Objectives
- Enhancing regional science across the Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden
- Organizing annual meetings for the members
- Organizing network activities: workshops, conferences
- Stimulating regional science activities and collaboration
- Informing on developments in regional science and related fields
Join Nordic ERSA now!
To read about the benefits of being a member of Nordic ERSA and how to become a member, click below
1st annual meeting of NORDIC ERSA
The Nordic Section of ERSA was re-established 2020. Our main objective is to promote regional science in the Nordic countries (i.e., Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland) through enhancing collaboration and networking activities among its members. This includes organizing meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
On December 15 at 3pm we are organizing our first annual meeting. At this event, we will:
- Listen to a keynote address by professor Eleonora Patacchini from Bocconi University in Milan, Italy. Professor Eleonora is a top scholar with research interests spanning Spatial Econometrics and Econometrics of Network Models, Economics of Culture and Institutions, Policy Evaluation as well as Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning Techniques.
- Inform about NORDIC ERSA including our mission and objectives, what we currently work on as well as informing about all the benefits you enjoy as a member of our wonderful organization.
Participants and aspiring members are also free to ask questions and suggest activities for NORDIC ERSA.
Use the buttom below to join, and if prompted use the below information to access the meeting:
Meeting ID: 619 5472 4078
Meet Our Managing Board
Our managing board is from across the Nordics